About me

Thursday, February 13, 2014

My first Taste of Strawberries............


This is the first time I'm tasting STRAWBERRIES!!. It tastes bit like a plums with little sweet to me.


Store bought Strawberries

My mother bought these fresh (Not so) today. I wanted to taste strawberries and check how it tastes compared to store bought strawberry flavored chocolates. Actually it's not, it tastes like a plum with  little sweet and sour flavour to it. I have read on many online articles that we can actually grow strawberries from seeds that too from store bought one. So I plucked some seeds from two berries which are dark and reddish compared to other berries. Plucking seeds from strawberries must be difficult one, it took a lot of time but you can get full seeds without any damage to them.  Another method to get seeds is by adding it to a mixer with a cup of water and pulse it three to  four times and strain it with strainer. After that you can left it muslin cloth or paper towel to dry completely. I plucked some by poking it with toothpick and then by simply taking the outer layer of the berries and mash it with your fingers. After that I drained the seeds by washing it off with water to remove the skin and the pulp. 

This is how the strawberry seeds look............

I'm going to dry them tonight and will try to get them germinate by following some methods. Will post all the methods I have tried. Stay tuned!!!!!!






1 comment:

  1. well written :)
    best wishes for your upcoming posts :)

    ReplyDelete